Anesthesia candidates who completed their residency training by Oct 1, 2016 will be required to take the Objective Standardized Clinical Exam (OSCE) along with the Oral Exams. Our OSCE Onsite + Online (Triple O) courses provide an up-to-date, accurate, and comprehensive review of essential OSCE skills.
Our comprehensive Triple O course comes in two parts:
1. Online Recordings
|1||Communication and Professionalism: Informed Consent, Treatment Options, Peri-procedural Complications, Ethical Issues, Communication with Other Professionals, Practice-Based Learning and Improvement|
|2||Monitors: ECG, AL, CVP, PAC, CO, MvO2, SpO2, ETCO2, Air Flow, TV, RR, FVL, Temp, Perioperative Cardiac/Respiratory Events, Perioperative Emergencies, Ventilation Modes|
|3||Ultrasonography: Vascular Cannulation (IJ, Cubital Fossa Veins, Radial Artery, Femoral Vessels), Nerve Blocks (Interscalene, Supraclavicular, TAP, Femoral, Adductor Canal, Popliteal).|
|4||Echocardiography: 11 Basic Views (ME 4C, ME 2C, ME LAX, ME Asc Ao LAX, ME Asc Ao SAX, ME Ao SAX, ME RVI/O, ME BC, TC MP SAX, Desc Ao SAX, Desc Ao LAX), Conditions (Biventricular Function and Wall Motion, ASD, Volume and Response to Rx, Pulmonary Emboli, Air Emboli, Basic Valve Lesions, Pericardial Effusions, Ao Dissection)|
|5||Quality Improvement: IHA’s Triple Aim, 6 Sigma, DMAIC, RCA, PDSA|
Recordings of Online sessions are available in our Learn-at-Home Video Library.
2. On-Site Testing
Each 4-day Onsite OSCE course consists of daily “HOT SEAT” Test Sessions in evenings following each of our Raleigh 6- or 4-Day course (6-8 PM EST):
Feb 26-29, 2020
Mar 12-15, 2020
Mar 26-29, 2020
Apr 16-19, 2020
Apr 30 – May 3, 2020
May 14-17, 2020
June 4-7, 2020
Sept 9-12, 2020
Sept 24-27, 2020
Registration, Details, Discounts
The entire Triple O course can be purchased for $695. Alternately, either the Online Recordings or On-Site Testing portions can be purchased separately for $395 each. If you have not yet also signed up for a 4-Day or 6-Day course, which will be held during the daytime before the evening OSCEs, you are welcome do so, either alone or as part of a Multimodal Guaranteed Plan. Please call 800-772-1242 for details.
Learn, practice, and perfect your OSCE skills – all at the level of a Perioperative Consultant.
- Onsite attendance to a 4-day evening OSCE Review.
- Online access to Recorded OSCE Sessions until test date.
- Comprehensive review of Communication and Professionalism for OSCE.
- Comprehensive review of BASIC TEE for OSCE.
- Comprehensive review of Ultrasound-Guided Vascular Access for OSCE.
- Comprehensive review of Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia for OSCE.
- Onsite OSCE “HOT SEATS” Exams: Learn, Watch, Do, REPEAT.
- Online OSCE “HOT SEATS” Simulations: Learn, Watch, Do, REPEAT.
- Opportunity to purchase OSCE WebMocks from expert examiners.
- Opportunity to sign up for 4- or 6-Day Course held in daytime before OSCEs.