Anesthesia candidates who completed their residency training by Oct 1, 2016 will be required to take the Objective Standardized Clinical Exam (OSCE) along with the Oral Exams. Our OSCE Onsite + Online (Triple O) courses provide an up-to-date, accurate, and comprehensive review of essential OSCE skills.
Our comprehensive Triple O course comes in two parts:
1. Online Sessions
|2/4/18||Communication and Professionalism: Informed Consent, Treatment Options, Peri-procedural Complications, Ethical Issues, Communication with Other Professionals, Practice-Based Learning and Improvement|
|2/11/18||Monitors: ECG, AL, CVP, PAC, CO, MvO2, SpO2, ETCO2, Air Flow, TV, RR, FVL, Temp, Perioperative Cardiac/Respiratory Events, Perioperative Emergencies, Ventilation Modes|
|2/18/18||Echocardiography: 11 Basic Views (ME 4C, ME 2C, ME LAX, ME Asc Ao LAX, ME Asc Ao SAX, ME Ao SAX, ME RVI/O, ME BC, TC MP SAX, Desc Ao SAX, Desc Ao LAX), Conditions (Biventricular Function and Wall Motion, ASD, Volume and Response to Rx, Pulmonary Emboli, Air Emboli, Basic Valve Lesions, Pericardial Effusions, Ao Dissection)|
|2/25/18||Ultrasonography: Vascular Cannulation (IJ, Cubital Fossa Veins, Radial Artery, Femoral Vessels), Nerve Blocks (Interscalene, Supraclavicular, TAP, Femoral, Adductor Canal, Popliteal).|
Recordings of Online sessions will be made available in our Learn-at-Home Video Library after each session.
2. Onsite Testing
Each 4-day Onsite OSCE course consists of daily “HOT SEAT” Test Sessions in evenings following each of our Raleigh 6- or 4-Day course (6-8 PM EST):
Mar 1-4, 2018
Mar 15-18, 2018
Apr 5-8, 2-18
Apr 19-22, 2018
May 3-6, 2018
May 17-20, 2018
Jun 7-10, 2018
Sept 27-30, 2018
Oct 18-21, 2018
Registration, Details, and Discounts
The Triple O course can be purchased for $695. Attendance of either the Online or Onsite portions only is possible for $395 each. If you have not yet also signed up for a 4- or 6-Day course, which will be held during the daytime before the evening OSCEs, you are welcome do so, either alone or as part of a Multimodal Guaranteed Plan. Please call 800-772-1242 for details.
Learn, practice, and perfect your OSCE skills – all at the level of a Perioperative Consultant.
- Onsite attendance to a 4-day evening OSCE Review.
- Online access to Recorded OSCE Sessions until test date.
- Comprehensive review of Communication and Professionalism for OSCE.
- Comprehensive review of BASIC TEE for OSCE.
- Comprehensive review of Ultrasound-Guided Vascular Access for OSCE.
- Comprehensive review of Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia for OSCE.
- Onsite OSCE “HOT SEATS” Exams: Learn, Watch, Do, REPEAT.
- Online OSCE “HOT SEATS” Simulations: Learn, Watch, Do, REPEAT.
- Opportunity to purchase OSCE WebMocks from expert examiners.
- Opportunity to sign up for 4- or 6-Day Course held in daytime before OSCEs.