What are the Must-Know Cases?
The Must-Know Cases is a highly popular, extremely effective series of webinar recordings intended to jump start your journey to becoming a Perioperative Consultant. Dynamic discussion, vivid Power Point presentations, and expert instruction on a variety of high-yield topics have helped make these sessions an essential part of any serious candidate’s preparation. Through a series of case-based discussions, the course logically introduces and builds upon the essential knowledge, skills, and attributes needed to become a Consultant and pass the exam.
The Key to Mastery
As with any skill, repetition and reinforcement are the keys to mastery. Our Must-Know Cases repeatedly emphasize the importance of Consultant principles as applied to case-based perioperative management. Through meticulous case dissection, dynamic interactive instruction, and evidence-based modeling of answers, participants learn by seeing, thinking, and practicing on their own. It is a multimodal, multimedia approach that has become the gold standard for educators and one we have employed with great success for years.
Don’t just memorize… understand and become a more knowledgeable, confident Consultant physician. All you need is a computer or any mobile device. Cost of series $395. Recordings available for 3 months from date of purchase.
Must-Know Cases – Set A
- CABG and MVR in Patient with 30% EF and IABP
- Resection of Meningioma in Patient with Elevated ICP in Sitting Position
- LEA in Patient with MVP, HTN, Recent Cocaine Use, and Prior C/S
- Former Premature with FH Death under Anesthesia, RAD, GERD for Strabismus Repair
- Obtunded MVA Patient with AS Taking Dabigatran for ORIF of Femur Fx
- Orthotopic Cadaveric Liver Transplantation in Patient with Alcoholic Cirrhosis
- Bronchoscopy, RU Lobectomy in Patient with Adenocarcinoma, HTN, ETOH, and OSA
- Pregnant Female for Emergency ORIF Bilateral Tibial Fractures
- Tonsillectomy in Child with 3/6 Murmur, Asthma, OSA, and Poor Medical Follow-up
- Gastric Stapling in Patient with HTN, IDDM, and Factor 5 Leiden Deficiency
- Child with Severe Cerebral Palsy and GERD for MRI for Seizure Disorder
- Patient with Hypothyroidism, NIDDM, Alzheimer’s Disease for TURP
Must-Know Cases – Set B
- Exploratory Laparotomy in a Patient With Mitral Stenosis
- Stat C/S in a Patient with Achondroplasia
- Transphenoidal Resection of a Pituitary Adenoma for a Patient with a Pacemaker
- Carotid Endarterectomy in a Patient with Severe CAD
- Laser Excision of Laryngeal Polyps in Child with Down Syndrome
- Clipping of a Subarchnoid Aneurysm in a Pregnant Patient
- Lap Cholecystectomy in patient with Sickle Cell Anemia
- Emergency Thoracotomy for a Victim with a Gunshot to the Chest
- Spinal Fusion in a Patient with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Renal Transplantation in a Patient with SLE